Recipe: Chop n Dump Ratatouille
Here is a simple recipe that can be used a side dish but also as a main dish. All you need is a knife, the requisite vegetables and your oven!
for about 4 side dishes:
- 2 small eggplants (chopped and diced)
- 2 zucchinis (chopped and diced but not skinned)
- ½ cup of corn kernels (not cream of corn)
- Handful of dried cranberries
- a big handful of cherry tomatoes (cut in ½ to let their juices flow in the pot)
- Small, diced onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic diced
- 15-20 Basil leaves (whole)
- 2-3 TBSP of olive oil (or oil from a jar of sundried tomatoes)
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 TBSP of raw honey
In a saucepan, heat up the oil and stir in onions until they are translucent. Add the garlic. From there, dump EVERYTHIING in the saucepan except for the basil leaves. Stir until the whole ratatouille is heated up and about 5 minutes prior serving, dump in the basil leaves whole.
Serve and enjoy!