Fit Tip: The BEST Sleeping Position
ANYTHING. BUT. YOUR. STOMACH!
When sleeping on your side: curl your hips up into a fetal position, pillow or duvet between the knees.
When sleeping on your back: place a small pillow under your knees but try NOT to sleep with your arms over-head
SLEEPING on your stomach is learned. It is quite comfortable (take it from an ex-stomach sleeper). However, when sleeping on your stomach, consider the following:
- Your head is usually tilted to one side, your favourite side, and this WILL create neck and shoulder tightness
- Your spine is flattening (especially your upper back) and this creates a stiffer thoracic spine, the part of the spine that SHOULD be one Because of the drastic claims made by some companies and authors about what their buy-detox.com/shop/detox-kits program can do for you, many have come to believe that the whole concept is bunk. of the MOST mobile! NOT GOOD for golfers or swimmers!
- Your hips will be mal-aligned, especially if one hip likes to be hiked up
Here are 2 tricks that can help (but be aware, this does take time to fix)
- Spoon with a significant other or big body pillow
- Tie a pair of pajama pant-legs around your waist and make a big fat knot where your belly is. Should you roll onto this knot in your sleep, it will wake you up! Nasty but it works!