Nutrient-dense foods will allow you to get the most nutrition out of a particular food group with the least amount of calories associated to it.
This will help with slowing down digestion, provoking less of an insulin response and keep us more satiated.
Here are 5 tips you can use to help in this respect:
- Eat vegetables at every meal and snack on cut up veggies
- Eat fruit but avoid drinking juice, which is simply water with flavouring
- No more processed foods…essentially things that are have been made in a lab and not in nature
- Eat complex carbs for energy: sweet potatoes, quinoa, berries, seeds, nuts and long grain wild rice
- Drink water! We are very dehydrated as a whole and 6-8 glasses sometimes does not cut it